WELCOME TO Glyd™!
Glyd, Inc. (“Glyd,” “we,” “us,” “our”) provides its services (described below) to you through its sites located at www.GlydApp.com, discover.glyd.co (the “Site”) and through its mobile applications and related services (collectively, such services, including any new features and applications, and the Site, the “Service(s)”), subject to the following Terms of Service (as amended from time to time, the “Terms of Service”). We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify portions of these Terms of Service at any time. If we do this, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last revised. We will also notify you, either through the Services user interface, in an email notification or through other reasonable means. Any such changes will become effective no earlier than fourteen (14) days after they are posted, except changes addressing new functions of the Services or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. Your continued use of the Service after the date any such changes become effective constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
ACCESS AND USE OF THE SERVICE
The Service an online platform that connects locals who have unique knowledge of and experience with a particular travel destination or activity (“Providers”, “GLYDrs”) with guests seeking to receive services related to such destinations and activities (“Guests”, “GLYDs”). Providers (“Hosts”) lead experiences on the ground. Through the Services, Providers may create and post profiles (“Profiles”) that provide information about the Provider’s knowledge and experience, and may make themselves available to offer certain services to Guests at a particular destination (each such service, an “Experience”). Guests may select Providers (or may request that Glyd attempt to connect them to a Provider) to provide the Guest with an Experience.
PLATFORM NATURE OF THE SERVICES:
Glyd makes available a platform for Guests and Providers to meet online and arrange for Experiences. Glyd is not an operator of tours, activities or Experiences, nor is it a provider of tours or activities, and Glyd does not own, sell, resell, furnish, provide, manage and/or control any transportation or tour services. Glyd’s responsibilities are limited to: (i) facilitating the availability of the Services; and (ii) serving as the limited agent of each Provider for the purpose of accepting payments from Guests on behalf of the Provider.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT GLYD IS NOT A PARTY TO ANY AGREEMENTS ENTERED INTO BETWEEN PROVIDERS AND TRAVELERS, NOR IS GLYD AN AGENT OR INSURER. THE SERVICES ARE INTENDED TO BE USED TO FACILITATE THE CONNECTIONS BETWEEN PROVIDERS AND TRAVELERS. GLYD CANNOT AND DOES NOT CONTROL THE CONTENT CONTAINED IN ANY PROFILES AND THE CONDITION, LEGALITY OR SUITABILITY OF ANY EXPERIENCES. GLYD HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE CONDUCT OF PROVIDERS, TRAVELERS AND OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES OR ANY EXPERIENCES, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY IN THIS REGARD. ACCORDINGLY, THE PLANNING OR PARTAKING OF ANY EXPERIENCES ARE AT THE PROVIDER’S AND/OR TRAVELER’S OWN RISK.
YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS:
MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY:
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, if any, and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Glyd of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session when accessing the Service. Glyd will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE:
Glyd reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Glyd will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE:
You acknowledge that Glyd may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum period of time that data or other content will be retained by the Service and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on Glyd’s servers on your behalf. You agree that Glyd has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any data or other content maintained or uploaded by the Service. You acknowledge that Glyd reserves the right to terminate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that Glyd reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
The Service may includes certain services that are available via a mobile device, including (i) the ability to upload content to the Service via a mobile device, (ii) the ability to browse the Service and the Site from a mobile device and (iii) the ability to access certain features through an application downloaded and installed on a mobile device (collectively, the “Mobile Services”). To the extent you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. By using the Mobile Services, you agree that we may communicate with you regarding Glyd and other entities by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services may be communicated to us. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update your Glyd account information to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your old number.
As a Provider, you may create Profiles that showcase your experience, activities you can lead, and the type of Experiences you can help Guests plan. Profiles will be made publicly available via the Services, and other Members may contact you based upon the information provided in your Profile. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for your Profiles and your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals who are present during the Experience at your request or invitation, excluding the Guest (and the individuals the Guest invites to the Experience, if applicable). You agree to comply with the Glyd Provider guidelines available at “www.GlydApp.com/pages/guideline”. You understand and agree that Glyd does not act as an insurer or as a contracting agent for you as a Provider. If a Guest requests your expertise for a Experience and participates in your Experience, any agreement you enter into with such Guest is between you and the Guest and Glyd is not a party thereto. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Glyd serves as your limited authorized agent:
- for the purpose of accepting payments from Guests on your behalf, and is responsible for transmitting such payments to you, subject to these Terms of Service
You are responsible for all other bookings, including without limitation on-the-ground arrangements, tours or experiences you host, restaurants and similar bookings.
You represent and warrant that your Profile and your planning of and/or guidance on any Experience:
- will not breach any agreements you have entered into with any third parties (such as any agreements with or rules of employers or local tourism agencies)
- will (a) be in compliance with all applicable laws, tax requirements, and rules and regulations that may apply to any such Experience, including, but not limited to, tourism, tour guide licensing laws, and other laws governing events and tours of public spaces and other venues and (b) not conflict with the rights of third parties.
Please note that Glyd assumes no responsibility for any Provider’s or Guest’s compliance with any applicable laws, rules and regulations. Glyd reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any Profile for any reason, including Profiles that Glyd, in its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable for any reason, in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the Services.
Glyd recommends that Providers and Guests obtain appropriate insurance for their Experiences. Please review any insurance policy that you may have for your Experience carefully, and in particular please make sure that you are familiar with and understand any exclusions to, and any deductibles that may apply for, such insurance policy, including, but not limited to, whether or not your insurance policy will cover the actions or inactions of Guests (and the individuals the Guest invites to the Experience, if applicable) while participating in your Experience.
Glyd does not endorse any Experiences. In addition, although these Terms require users to provide accurate information, we do not attempt to confirm, and do not confirm, any user’s purported identity. You are responsible for determining the identity and suitability of others who you contact via the Services. We will not be responsible for any damage or harm resulting from your interactions with other users. By using the Services, you agree that any legal remedy or liability that you seek to obtain for actions or omissions of other users or other third parties will be limited to a claim against the particular user or other third parties who caused you harm and you agree not to attempt to impose liability on, or seek any legal remedy from Glyd with respect to such actions or omissions. Accordingly, we encourage you to communicate directly with other users via the Services regarding any bookings or Trips made by you. This limitation shall not apply to any claim by a Provider against Glyd regarding (i) the remittance of payments received from a Guest by Glyd on behalf of a Provider or (ii) the failure of Glyd to book a Glyd Booking for which the Guest provided accurate booking information, which instead shall be subject to the limitations described in the section below entitled “Limitation of Liability”.
CONDITIONS OF USE
BOOKINGS AND FINANCIAL TERMS FOR PROVIDERS:
GUIDES (GLYDrs, Providers who lead activities). Except in the case of a Pre-Approved Event (as defined below), if you are a Host and a booking is requested for your Experience via the Services, you will be required to either confirm or reject the booking within the specified timeframe (which is generally within 24-48 hours of when the booking is requested, as determined by Glyd in its sole discretion) or the booking request will be automatically cancelled. If you are unable to confirm or decide to reject a booking of an Experience within the specified timeframe, any amounts collected by Glyd for the requested booking will be refunded to the applicable Guest’s credit card and any pre-authorization of such credit card will be released. You may be able to create a Listing that is pre-scheduled for a specific time and date, where the Guest’s booking may be automatically confirmed (a “Pre-Approved Event”). When a booking is requested via the Services, we may share with your basic profile of the Guest who has requested the booking and a link to the Guest’s Glyd Account profile page. The fee displayed in each Listing is comprised of the Experience Fees (defined below). Where applicable, Taxes may be charged in addition to the Experience Fees. The Experience Fees, Guest Fees (defined below) and applicable Taxes are collectively referred to in these Terms as the “Total Fees”. The amounts due and payable by a Guest solely relating to a Host’s Experience are the “Experience Fees”. Please note that it is the Host and not Glyd which determines the Experience Fees. Glyd charges a service fee to Providers of 20% of applicable Experience Fees the “Host Fees”. The Guest Fees are added to the Experience Fees to calculate the Total Fees (which will also include applicable Taxes). Glyd will collect the Total Fees at the time of booking confirmation (i.e. when the Host confirms the booking within the specified timeframe) and will initiate payout of the Experience Fees (less Host Fees) to the Host within 24 hours of when the Guest arrives at the applicable Experience (except to the extent that a refund is due to the Guest). However, please note that we will not be responsible for delays in remitting Experience Fees, which can vary based on the bank, currency, location, etc.
Since Glyd reserves the right to charge back from Providers the Reservation Amount they received for organizing certain experience if upon the receipt of a complaint by a Guest with respect to such Experience, it believes, at its sole discretion, that such Experience was not compatible with Glyd’s standards of service or in case of any misconduct of the Provider. If the Experience did not satisfy the expectations of the Guest, the Guest will have 48 hours after the Experience to submit a claim for a potential refund. If the claim is submitted after the 48-hour period, then it will be invalid for any restitution from Glyd since the payment for the experience has already been processed. The Guest will need to contact the Provider of the Experience directly in order to receive a refund after the 48-hour period.
BOOKINGS FOR GUESTS:
Guests that wish to request the assistance of a Provider via the Services may directly contact Providers with a request. The Provider should propose an Experience itinerary after which the Guest and the Provider should continue to communicate to finalize the itinerary. Once the itinerary is finalized, the Provider will either:
- confirm the Guest’s reservation request for a guided experience
The Provider is responsible for all bookings (“Provider Bookings”). As part of the Booking, Guests may be required to enter into an agreement (including releases) with the Provider, and the Guest agrees to accept any terms, conditions, rules and restrictions associated with the Itinerary imposed by the Provider. Guest acknowledges and agrees that Glyd is not a party to any agreement between the Guest and Provider, and that, with the exception of its payment obligations and obligations related to Glyd Bookings hereunder, Glyd disclaims all liability arising from or related to any such agreements. Guest acknowledges and agrees that, notwithstanding the fact that Glyd is not a party to any agreements between Guest and the Provider, Glyd acts as the Provider’s payment agent for the limited purpose of accepting payments from Guest on behalf of the Provider. Upon Guest’s payment of amounts to Glyd which are due to the Provider, Guest’s payment obligation to the Provider for such amounts is extinguished, and Glyd is responsible for remitting such amounts, less Glyd’s fees and commissions, to the Provider. In the event that Glyd does not remit any such amounts to a Provider, such Provider will have recourse only against Glyd.
Please note that the actual amount charged by third parties for various items in the Itinerary may differ from the price quoted in the Booking, as prices may fluctuate before each booking is confirmed. If the actual prices are higher than the Total Fees, the Provider will contact you to request your permission prior to booking.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
GUIDES (Providers who lead activities). These terms and conditions govern the Glyd Guest Refund Policy (the “Guest Refund Policy”) available to Guests who book and pay for an Experience listed by a Host through the Glyd platform (the “APP”) and suffer a Guest Issue and the obligations of the Host associated with the Guest Refund Policy.
A “Guest Issue” means any one of the following:
- The Host of the Experience (i) cancels a reservation within 24 hours before the scheduled start of the reservation, (ii) fails to arrive for the Experience within 20 minutes of the scheduled start time, or (iii) fails to provide the Guest with the reasonable ability to access the Experience (e.g., by allowing the Guest access to the space in which the Experience will happen or begin if applicable).
- The description of the Experience in the listing on the Site is materially inaccurate with respect to (i) the duration of the Experience, (ii) the content of the Experience (including but not limited to the stated activities or sites, as applicable), or (iii) the physical location of the Experience. c) During the Guest’s Experience, conditions do not meet safety or health hazards that would be reasonably expected, given the nature of the particular Experience, in Glyd’s judgment.
THE GUEST REFUND POLICY.
If you are a Guest and suffer a Guest Issue, we agree, at our discretion, to either (i) reimburse you up to the amount paid by you through the Site, as determined by Glyd in our discretion, depending on the nature of the Guest Issue suffered or (ii) use our reasonable efforts to find and book you another Experience which in our determination is reasonably comparable to the Experience described in your original reservation in terms of content and quality. For clarity, in the event the alternative Experience is of a higher price than the former, you may be responsible for any difference in price. In the event the alternative Experience is of a lower price, you may be entitled to a partial refund for the difference. All determinations of Glyd with respect to the Guest Refund Policy, including without limitation the size of any refund, shall be final and binding on the Guests and Hosts.
Hosts will not be able to cancel the event within 36 hours prior to the start time of the experience. This is to ensure that every guest is not taken by surprise and may plan ahead of time. Hosts who must cancel within that time frame must contact Glyd or contact the guest regarding a reschedule (which must be done at least 24 hours before the start time of the experience).
Please note that in order to submit a request for a discount code to be applied retroactively, the request must be made within 24 hours of the experience request being submitted.
CONDITIONS TO CLAIM AN EXPERIENCE ISSUE.
Only a Guest may submit a claim for a Guest Issue. If you are a Guest, in order to submit a valid claim for a Guest Issue and receive the benefits with respect to your reservation, you are required to meet each of the following conditions:
- You must report the Guest Issue to Glyd in writing (at [email protected]) or via telephone and provide us with information (including evidence) about the Experience and the circumstances of the Guest Issue within 24 hours after the start of your reservation, and must respond to any requests by us for additional information or cooperation on the Guest Issue;
- You must not have directly or indirectly caused the Guest Issue (through your action, omission or negligence); and
- You must have used reasonable efforts to try to remedy the circumstances of the Guest Issue with the Host prior to making a claim for a Guest Issue (and you must provide evidence of having done so).
MINIMUM QUALITY STANDARDS, HOST RESPONSIBILITIES AND REIMBURSEMENT TO GUEST.
If you are a Host, you are responsible for ensuring that the Experiences you list on the Site meet minimum quality standards regarding adequacy of the description on the Site, safety, health, and do not present a Guest with Guest Issues. Throughout the Experience, Hosts should be available in order to try, in good faith, to resolve Host issues.
If you are a Host, and if (i) Glyd determines that a Guest has suffered a Guest Issue related to an Experience listed by you and (ii) Glyd either reimburses that Guest any amount up to the amount paid by the Guest through the Site for the Experience or provides an alternative Experience to the Guest, you agree to reimburse or refund Glyd up to the amount paid by Glyd within 30 days of Glyd’s request. All determinations of Glyd with respect to the Guest Refund Policy, including without limitation the size of any refund to the Guest, shall be final and binding on the Guests and Hosts. You also agree that in order for you to reimburse Glyd up to the amount paid by Glyd, Glyd may off-set or reduce any amounts owed by Glyd to you by this amount. If the Guest is rescheduled to an alternative Experience, you may lose part or all of the Experience Fee payment for the booking and you may be responsible for reasonable additional costs incurred to reschedule the Guest to the alternative Experience.
The rights of the Guests under the Guest Refund Policy supersede the cancellation policy that otherwise applies to a particular Experience. If you dispute the Guest Issue you may notify us in writing ([email protected]) or via telephone and provide us with information (including evidence) disputing the claims regarding the Guest Issue, provided you must have used reasonable and good faith efforts to try to remedy the Guest Issue with the Guest prior to disputing the Guest Issue claim (and you must provide evidence of having done so). You agree that all determinations of Glyd with respect to the Guest Issue shall be final and binding on the Guests and Hosts regardless of your submission of a dispute against such Guest Issue. In the event of one or more Guest Issues, Glyd, in its discretion, may elect to take additional actions. These actions include, but are not limited to, negatively affecting your listing ranking, automated reviews or notifications indicating Guest Issues, canceling future bookings, suspending or removing the listing of the Experience or imposing penalties or fees for the administrative burden associated with the Guest Issues.
(a) No Assignment/No Insurance. This Guest Refund Policy is not intended to constitute an offer to insure, does not constitute insurance or an insurance contract, does not take the place of insurance obtained or obtainable by the Guest, and the Guest has not paid any premium in respect of the Guest Refund Policy. The benefits provided under this Guest Refund Policy are not assignable or transferable by you. (b) Modification or Termination. Glyd reserves the right to modify or terminate this Guest Refund Policy, at any time, in its sole discretion, and without prior notice. (c) If Glyd modifies this Guest Refund Policy, we will post the modification on the Site or provide you with notice of the modification and Glyd will continue to process all claims for Travel Issues made prior to the effective date of the modification. (d) Entire Agreement and Definitions. This Guest Refund Policy constitutes the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Glyd and you regarding the Guest Refund Policy and supersedes and replaces any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Glyd and you regarding the Guest Refund Policy. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the Glyd Terms of Service. Controlling Law. This Guest Refund Policy will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California and the United States of America, without regard to its conflict-of-law provisions. (e) Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL GLYD’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS GLYD POLICY TERMS, EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE EXPERIENCE FEES COLLECTED BY GLYD FROM THE TRAVELER. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, BY POSTING A LISTING OR BOOKING AN EXPERIENCE OR OTHERWISE USING THE SITE, SERVICES AS A GUIDE OR TRAVELER, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, AND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE POLICY TERMS.
Providers who plan experiences. Guests are free to reject any Itinerary for any reason prior to payment. Once an Itinerary is confirmed by a Guest, any fees paid are non-refundable except as set forth below:
Glyd will endeavor to refund Guest the fees paid for any Itinerary items that have not yet been booked, minus the Guest Fee. Fees for Itinerary items that have already been booked are non-refundable. = If Guest cancels the booking at least 48 hours prior to the start of the experience, Glyd will endeavor to refund the Guest the fees paid for said Itinerary items booked in full, minus the Guest fee. If Guest cancels the booking between 48 and 24 hours prior to the start of the experience, Glyd will endeavor to refund the Guest half of the fees paid for said Itinerary items booked, minus the Guest fee. If Guest cancels the booking under 24 hours prior to the start of the experience, Glyd will not refund the Guest any fees paid for said Itinerary items booked. In the case that the Host of the experience is a MasterHost, the Guest must cancel 5 full business days prior to the start of the experience in order to receive a full refund of the fees paid for said Itinerary items booked, minus the Guest fee. Also in the case that the Host of the experience is a MasterHost, the Guest must cancel between 5 and 3 full business days prior to the start of the experience in order to receive a half refund of the fees paid for said Itinerary items booked, minus the Guest fee.
Whenever possible Glyd will connect Guest to an alternate Provider who can fulfill request. If not, Glyd will refund the Total Fees for such booking to the applicable Guest within a commercially reasonable time of the cancellation.
CANCELLATION DUE TO OUTSIDE FACTORS.
Certain Experiences may depend on factors outside either party’s control, such as weather (“Outside Factors”). The Provider has the discretion as to whether Outside Factors will prevent the Experience from taking place. As a Provider, if you need to cancel an Experience due to Outside Factors, you must contact the Guest and Glyd (at [email protected]) as early as possible. Subject to the Guest’s consent, the Provider and the Guest may choose to reschedule the Experience for another date. If the Experience cannot be rescheduled, the Guest should contact Glyd so we may assist in finding a replacement Experience. For clarity, in the event the alternative Experience is of a higher price than the former, you may be responsible for any difference in price. In the event the alternative Experience is of a lower price, you may be entitled to a partial refund for the difference. As a Guest, if you have contacted Glyd as provided above and Glyd is unable to find you a replacement Experience, Glyd may refund the Total Fees for such booking to the applicable Guest within a commercially reasonable time of the cancellation.
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for determining your applicable tax reporting requirements in consultation with your tax advisors. Glyd cannot and does not offer tax-related advice to any users of the Services. Additionally, please note that each Provider is responsible for determining local indirect taxes and for including any applicable taxes to be collected or obligations relating to applicable taxes within Itineraries.
You are solely responsible for all code, video, images, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, messages or other materials (“content”) that you upload, post, publish or display (hereinafter, “upload”) or email or otherwise use via the Service. The following are examples of the kind of content and/or use that is illegal or prohibited by Glyd. Glyd reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Glyd’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending content from the Service, suspending or terminating the account of such violators and reporting you to the law enforcement authorities. You agree to not use the Service to:
- Email or otherwise upload any content that (i) infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party; (ii) you do not have a right to upload under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (iii) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (iv) poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person; (v) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation; (vi) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, excessively violent, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; or (vii) in the sole judgment of Glyd, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which may expose Glyd or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service; or
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- Harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose that is not specifically authorized;
- Further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities; or
- Obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Service;
- Offer, as a Provider, any Experiences that you do not yourself have permission to provide (without limiting the foregoing, you will not list Experiences as a Provider if you are serving in the capacity of an agent for a third party);
- Offer, as a provider, any Experience that may not be provided pursuant to the terms and conditions of an agreement with a third party;
- Contact a Provider for any purpose other than asking a question related to a booking, such Provider’s Experiences or Profiles;
- Contact a Guest for any purpose other than asking a question related to a booking or such Guest’s use of the Services;
- When acting as a Guest or otherwise, recruit or otherwise solicit any Provider or other user of the Services to join third party services or websites that are competitive to Glyd, without Glyd’s prior written approval;
- Use the Services to find a Provider or Guest and then complete a booking of an Experience transaction independent of the Services, whether or not you do so in order to circumvent the obligation to pay any Service Fees related to Glyd’s provision of the Services; or
- As a Provider, submit any Profile or Itinerary with a false or misleading price information.
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL USE; EXPORT CONTROLS:
Software (defined below) available in connection with the Service and the transmission of applicable data, if any, is subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Service or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules and laws regarding your use of the Service, including as it concerns online conduct and acceptable content.
Unless otherwise expressly authorized herein or in the Service, you agree not to display, distribute, license, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sell, resell, exploit, transfer or upload for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service. The Service is for your personal use.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
SERVICE CONTENT, SOFTWARE AND TRADEMARKS:
You acknowledge and agree that the Service may contain content or features (“Service Content”) that are protected by copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by Glyd, you agree not to modify, copy, frame, scrape, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Service Content, in whole or in part, except that the foregoing does not apply to your own User Content (as defined below) that you legally upload to the Service. In connection with your use of the Service you will not engage in or use any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering or extraction methods. Any use of the Service or the Service Content other than as specifically authorized herein is strictly prohibited. The technology and software underlying the Service or distributed in connection therewith is the property of Glyd, our affiliates and our partners (the “Software”). You agree not to copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Glyd.
The Glyd name and logos are trademarks and service marks of Glyd (collectively the “Glyd Trademarks”). Other Glyd, product, and service names and logos used and displayed via the Service may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners who may or may not endorse or be affiliated with or connected to Glyd. Nothing in this Terms of Service or the Service should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of Glyd Trademarks displayed on the Service, without our prior written permission in each instance. All goodwill generated from the use of Glyd Trademarks will inure to our exclusive benefit.
THIRD PARTY MATERIAL:
Under no circumstances will Glyd be liable in any way for any content or materials of any third parties (including users), including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any such content. You acknowledge that Glyd does not have a duty to pre-screen content, but that Glyd and its designees will have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Glyd and its designees will have the right to remove any content that violates these Terms of Service or is deemed by Glyd, in its sole discretion, to be otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content.
USER CONTENT TRANSMITTED THROUGH THE SERVICE:
With respect to the content or other materials you upload through the Service or share with other users or recipients (collectively, “User Content”), you represent and warrant that you own all right, title and interest in and to such User Content, including, without limitation, all copyright and rights of publicity contained therein. By uploading any User Content you hereby grant and will grant Glyd and its affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, display, upload, perform, distribute, store, modify and otherwise use your User Content in connection with the operation of the Service or the promotion, advertising or marketing thereof, in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Service (“Submissions”), provided by you to Glyd are non-confidential and Glyd will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You acknowledge and agree that Glyd may preserve content and may also disclose content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Glyd, its users and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES:
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links or other access to other sites and resources on the Internet. Glyd has no control over such sites and resources and Glyd is not responsible for and does not endorse such sites and resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Glyd will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, events, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Any dealings you have with third parties found while using the Service are between you and the third party, and you agree that Glyd is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against any such third party.
SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES:
In addition, Glyd is not responsible for the accuracy, availability or reliability of any information, content, goods, data, opinions, advice or statements made available in connection with Social Networking Services. As such, Glyd is not liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Social Networking Services. Glyd enables these features merely as a convenience and the integration or inclusion of such features does not imply an endorsement or recommendation.
INDEMNITY AND RELEASE:
You agree to release, indemnify and hold Glyd and its affiliates and their officers, employees, directors and agent harmless from any from any and all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of or relating to your use of the Service, any User Content, your connection to the Service, your violation of these Terms of Service or your violation of any rights of another. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES:
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. GLYD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
GLYD MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT GLYD WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF GLYD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL GLYD’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID GLYD IN THE LAST SIX (6) MONTHS, OR, IF GREATER, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE.
At Glyd’s or your election, all disputes, claims, or controversies arising out of or relating to the Terms of Service or the Service that are not resolved by mutual agreement may be resolved by binding arbitration to be conducted before JAMS, or its successor. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, arbitration will be held in Redwood City, California before a single arbitrator mutually agreed upon by the parties, or if the parties cannot mutually agree, a single arbitrator appointed by JAMS, and will be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations promulgated by JAMS unless specifically modified in the Terms of Service. The arbitration must commence within forty-five (45) days of the date on which a written demand for arbitration is filed by either party. The arbitrator’s decision and award will be made and delivered within sixty (60) days of the conclusion of the arbitration and within six (6) months of the selection of the arbitrator. The arbitrator will not have the power to award damages in excess of the limitation on actual compensatory, direct damages set forth in the Terms of Service and may not multiply actual damages or award punitive damages or any other damages that are specifically excluded under the Terms of Service, and each party hereby irrevocably waives any claim to such damages. The arbitrator may, in his or her discretion, assess costs and expenses (including the reasonable legal fees and expenses of the prevailing part) against any party to a proceeding. Any party refusing to comply with an order of the arbitrators will be liable for costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, incurred by the other party in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the case of temporary or preliminary injunctive relief, any party may proceed in court without prior arbitration for the purpose of avoiding immediate and irreparable harm. The provisions of this arbitration section will be enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction.
You agree that Glyd, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Glyd believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of Service, may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Glyd may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this Terms of Service may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Glyd may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree that Glyd will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Service.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your interactions with any other user in connection with the Service and Glyd will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto. Glyd reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any other user of the Service.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and Glyd and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Glyd with respect to the Service. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate or third-party services, third-party content or third-party software. These Terms of Service will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. With respect to any disputes or claims not subject to arbitration, as set forth above, you and Glyd agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located within Los Angeles County, California. The failure of Glyd to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms of Service remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or these Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You may not assign this Terms of Service without the prior written consent of Glyd, but Glyd may assign or transfer this Terms of Service, in whole or in part, without restriction. The section titles in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. The Service may also provide notices to you of changes to these Terms of Service or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices generally on the Service.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA USERS:
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users of the Service from California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
QUESTIONS? CONCERNS? SUGGESTIONS?
Please contact us at [email protected] to report any violations of these Terms of Service or to pose any questions regarding this Terms of Service or the Service.
IMPORTANT: BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH THE OPERATOR OF GLYD THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION (AND WITH VERY LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, NOT IN COURT), AND YOU WAIVE CERTAIN RIGHTS TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS ACTIONS.
GLYD, Inc is a marketplace platform for services performed by its users.
The following terms and conditions (these “Terms of Service”), govern your access to and use of the GLYD mobile application (the “App”), including any content, functionality and services offered on or through the App or at www.GLYDAPP.com or discover.glyd.co
This App is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this App or the GLYD services. By using this App, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the App.
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the App or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a request ..
Itineraries® are services offered on GLYD.
Sellers are users who offer and perform services through Itineraries on GLYD.
Buyers are users who purchase services on GLYD.
Itinerary Page is where the seller can describe their Itinerary and the Itinerary’s terms, and the buyer can purchase the Itinerary and create an order.
Custom Itineraries are exclusive proposals that a seller can create in response to specific requirements of a buyer.
Custom Orders are requests made by a buyer to receive a Custom itinerary from a seller.
Orders are the formal agreement between a buyer and seller after a purchase was made from the seller’s Itinerary Page.
Order Page is where buyers and sellers communicate with each other in connection with an ordered Itinerary.
Disputes are disagreements experienced during an order between a buyer and seller.
Revenue is the money sellers earn from completed orders.
Itinerary Extras are additional services offered on top of the Seller’s Itinerary for an additional price defined by the Seller.
Itinerary Multiples are additional quantities of unique orders from the sellers Itinerary.
Overview (Main terms, in a nutshell)
- Most Itineraries® on GLYD are offered at a base starting price of $10. Some Itineraries are offer at a base price of more than $10.
- Only registered users may buy and sell on GLYD. Registration is free.
- Buyers pay GLYD in advance to create an order.
- Orders are purchased through the Order button found on a seller’s Itinerary page or through a Custom Order.
- For fees and payments please read the purchasing section
- Sellers gain account statuses (Levels) based on their performance and reputation. Advanced levels provide their owners with benefits, including offering services for higher prices through Itinerary Extras, or selling their Itinerary in multiples.
- Sellers must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause. Cancelling orders will affect sellers’ reputation and status.
- Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through GLYD.
- Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the seller on their Itinerary page.
- GLYD retains the right to use all published delivered works for GLYD marketing and promotion purposes.
- Each order you sell and successfully complete, accredits your account with a net revenue of 80% of the purchase amount.
- GLYD accredits sellers once an order is completed. See oursection below for a definition of a completed order.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete. Top Rated Sellers are eligible to withdraw revenue following a safety clearance period of 7 days after the order is marked as complete.
- Withdrawals from your account may become disabled upon review of our Trust & Safety team. This may be done for security concerns in order to prevent fraudulent transactions, reported poor performance or violations to our Terms of Service from buyers to our Customer Support team, or if another GLYD profile is associated to the same withdrawal providers. Enabling withdrawals will be evaluated by our Trust & Safety team following a review of your account.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the buyer’s shopping balance.
- Sellers may withdraw their revenues using one of their preferred banking methods
- The seller’s rating is calculated based on the order reviews posted by buyers. High ratings allow sellers to obtain advanced seller levels (see Levels below).
- Sellers are allowed to post a select amount of active Itineraries based on their Level status.
- 5 Itineraries for sellers without a Level status and 5th will make them a Rookie seller
- 25 Itineraries for Silver sellers.
- 75 Itineraries for Bronze sellers.
- 150 Itineraries for Gold sellers.
- 250 Itineraries for Platinum sellers
- 500 Itineraries for the Local Flair
- Itineraries are created on GLYD
- Itineraries may be removed by GLYD for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
- Illegal or Fraudulent services, Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement
- Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement reported through our Intellectual Property Claims Policy found.
- Adult oriented services, Pornographic, Inappropriate/Obscene
- Intentional copies of Itineraries
- Spam, Nonsense, or Violent Itineraries
- Itineraries misleading to buyers, including violations of third party terms of service
- Reselling of regulated goods
- Itineraries that are removed for violations mentioned above, may result in the removal of the seller’s account.
- Itineraries that are removed for violations are not eligible to be restored or edited.
- Itineraries may be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance and/or user misconduct.
- URLs in your Itinerary text that redirect to third party webApps are subject to approval and may be considered inappropriate to use on GLYD.
- Itineraries are required to have an appropriate Itinerary image related to the service offered. An option to upload two additional Itinerary images are available to all sellers.
- Itineraries may contain an approved Itinerary Video URL uploaded through the Itinerary management tools available on GLYD.
- Statements on the Itinerary Page that undermine or circumvent these Terms of Service is prohibited.
GLYD is all about helping sellers leverage their local skills. We seek to empower top performing sellers with helpful tools to grow their business. Sellers who invest in self-promotion may achieve greater customer satisfaction. And, if they deliver on time and maintain high quality and ratings, GLYD may reward them with new statuses, special opportunities, benefits, and tools that come with it.
- GLYD sellers can gain account Levels based on their activity, performance and reputation. The advancement criteria can be found here
- Advancement in Levels are updated periodically by an automated system.
- The current Levels a seller can achieve are, Rookie, Silver, Bronze, Gold, Platinum and Local Flair
- Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service, experience a severe drop in ratings, or stop delivering on time risk losing their seller status and the benefits that come with it. For example, late deliveries, warnings to the seller’s account and cancellations can cause a seller to move to a different Level.
- Advanced levels provide their owners with additional benefits, including offering Itineraries for higher prices through Itinerary Extras, or selling their Itinerary in multiples.
Local Flair Sellers
- Local Flair Sellers are chosen manually by GLYD editors based on seniority, volume of sales, extremely high rating, exceptional customer care and community leadership. Local Flair Sellers gain access to more extensive features than previous levels, including exclusive access to beta features and VIP support.
- Local Flair eligibility is constantly evaluated by GLYD to ensure that the quality standards of the Local Flair selection is kept. Local Flair Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, or violate our Terms of Service risk losing their Local Flair status and the benefits that come with it.
- Sellers can also send Custom Offers addressing specific requirements of a buyer. Custom Offers are defined by the seller with the exact description of the service, the price and the time expected to deliver the service.
- Custom Offers are sent from the Itinerary Request screen.
- GLYD Anywhere is a feature that allows sellers to send Custom Offers outside of GLYD.
- Services offered through GLYD Anywhere must comply with our Terms of Service.
- Users accessing and purchasing from a GLYD Anywhere offer that are not already members of GLYD, will be required to register with GLYD to create an order.
- Sellers are required to deliver proof of completion of services in the order page. Please see our Orders section for further details.
- Communication for handling orders should be performed on GLYD, through the Itinerary order page. Users who engage and communicate off of GLYD will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
- To withdraw your revenue, you must have an account with at least one of GLYD’s approved vendors
- Your GLYD profile can be associated with only one account from each GLYD’s approved vendors. A withdrawal provider account can be associated with only one GLYD profile.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete.
- To withdraw your available revenue, you must click on the designated withdrawal provider to initiate the withdrawal process
- Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
- Withdrawal fees vary depending on theGLYD’s terms and service fees.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to refund or change this process once it has begun.
|PayPal||2% of the sum withdrawal amount up to $1||For a list of PayPal services by country .|
Important notice regarding fees:
The fees listed above are PayPal’s. These are not fees charged by GLYD.
- You may not offer sellers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the GLYD App.
- GLYD retains the right to use all published delivered works for GLYD marketing and promotional purposes.
- Buyers may request a specific service from the Itinerary Request feature found from the User Profile dashboard. Services requested on GLYD must be an allowed service on GLYD.
- Buyers pay GLYD to create an order from a seller’s Itinerary page
- In addition buyers can request a Custom Order which addresses specific buyer requirements, and receive a Custom Itinerary from sellers through the App or through GLYD Anywhere.
- Itineraries may be purchased using a Credit Card, PayPal, and GLYD Credit.
- Processing fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover payment processing and administrative fees. As of May 2016 the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are 20%. When purchasing from your seller’s balance (i.e. out of your earned revenues) or buyer’s shopping balance (resulting from any credits or refunds) you will not be charged a processing fee. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.
- If you have funds in your account balance, either from your Shopping or available Revenue balance, it will be automatically applied to your next purchase, but only in the event that your balance covers the entire purchase amount.
- You may not offer sellers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the GLYD App. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support.
- Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created and given a unique order number.
- Orders purchased with a combination of Itinerary Extras and Itinerary Multiples are multiple unique orders with additional services added to each order.
- Sellers must deliver completed Itineraries using the Submit button (located on the Itineraries page) according to the Itinerary service that was purchased and advertised on their Itinerary.
- Using the Submit button may not be abused by sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in this Terms of Service. Using the “Submit” button when an order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that order after review, affect the seller’s rating and result in a warning to seller.
- An Itinerary is marked as complete after the Itinerary is marked as Delivered and then rated by a buyer.
- We encourage our buyers and sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves, including by using the Contact Us. If for any reason this fails, users can contact GLYD’s customer support department for assistance
- When a buyer orders a Itinerary, the seller is notified by notifications on the App while logged into the account.
- Sellers are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their Itineraries. Failing to do so will allow the buyer to cancel the order when an order is marked as late and may harm the seller’s rating.
- Sellers must send completed Itineraries using the Submit Itinerary button (located on the Itineraries page) to mark the order as Delivered.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. GLYD will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to App usage, use of content or files transferred.
- A Seller may cancel an order without the buyer’s consent at any given moment (Force Cancellation). However, this will have a negative effect on the seller’s rating.
- Feedback reviews provided by buyers while completing an order are an essential part of GLYD’s rating system. Reviews demonstrate the buyer’s overall experience with the sellers and their service. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the seller any concerns experienced during their active itinerary order in regards to the service provided by the seller.
- Leaving a buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations to our Terms of Service.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the GLYD platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance seller ratings, or to abuse the GLYD platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Feedback given by buyers are publicly displayed on a seller’s Itinerary page. Buyers have the option not to include a comment, but still rate the service. Cancellation of an order does not remove feedback unless mutually agreed.
- Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Itinerary’s service with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
- Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the buyer has three days to respond and post a review (or 14 days for Itineraries with shipping). If no response is provided within the response period, the order will be considered completed.
- Users are allowed to leave reviews on orders up to 30 days after an order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an order after 30 days.
- In some Itineraries offered on GLYD you will be able to use Stock Images.
- Stock Images are offered as part of the Itinerary only from a catalog found on GLYD (the “Stock Image(s)”). When choosing the Extra of Stock Images, the Seller will use a Stock Image(s) of his selection and will provide it as part of the delivered work.
- Important: Each selected Stock Image(s) is authorized for one time use integrated with the delivered work only and not as a stand-alone or for reoccurring use. Sellers are unauthorized to share the original image file with the Buyer or any third party.
- Important: If you will cancel an order that includes a Stock Image(s), the Stock Image(s) will be cancelled as well and you will no longer be able to use the Stock Image(s).
- All Stock Images are licensed by the owner who posted them, who has full ownership and copyrights to the Images and shall be responsible for all Images and their quality.
- When using these Images, you represent and warrant the following:
- You may not sell, modify, re-use, re-sell, distribute, display, reproduce or make any other use of the Image(s).
- Image(s) may not be used:
- on a stand-alone basis with no other content;
- for pornographic, defamatory or other unlawful purposes;
- as templates used to create multiples copies of the same Itinerary;
- for the purpose of enabling file-sharing of the image file; or
- in logos, trademarks, services marks or any other branding or identifiers.
- If Image(s) featuring an individual(s) is used in connection with a sensitive, unflattering or controversial subject, you must include a statement that the image is used for illustrative purposes only and the individual is a model.
- You may not activate the “right-click” function in Image(s), remove any metadata in Stock Image(s), or reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Image(s) to enable the download or use Stock Image(s) on a stand-alone basis.
- No ownership or copyrights to Stock Image(s) are granted to you.
- Users can contact GLYD’s customer support department for assistance.
- Some of the services on GLYD are delivered physically (tickets, etc.). For these types of Itineraries, sellers may decide to add shipping charges. Sellers can add shipping charges for local shipping (within the same country) and for international shipping (anywhere else).
- Important: Buyers who order Itineraries that require physical delivery, will be asked to provide a shipping address.
- Sellers are responsible for all shipping arrangements once the buyer provides the shipping address.
- GLYD does not handle or guarantee shipping, tracking, quality, and condition of items or their delivery and shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or other problems resulting from shipping.
- A tracking number is a great way to avoid disputes related to shipping. We require entering the tracking number if available in the order page when delivering your work.
Printing and Shipping
- Some of the services on GLYD can be printed and physically delivered (souvenirs, tickets, T-Shirts, pamphlets, etc.).
- Important: Buyers who use the Printing and Shipping Services that require physical delivery, will be asked to provide a shipping address.
- Upon completion of a Printing Order, Buyer will receive a confirmation email containing a Printing Order ID as well as the specific details of the Printing Order.
- Upon shipping of the Printing Order, Buyer will receive a confirmation email containing the Shipping tracking ID.
- Users can contact GLYD’s customer support department for assistance
Disputes and Cancellations
- We encourage our buyers and sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails, users can contact GLYD’s Customer Support department for assistance.
- Order cancellations (when eligible) can be performed by Customer Support only up to a period of 13 days from order completion date. We will not cancel orders after that time.
- Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation to these Terms of Service. Doing so may get your account temporarily disabled to investigate possible security violations. Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- In the event of a dispute, you are encouraged to use the App’s dispute resolution tools to attempt to resolve the matter by working it out with the seller or if not possible contact customer support for a resolution.
- Eligibility to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations to our Terms of Service, general misconduct, and improper usage of the GLYD delivery system.
- Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Itinerary page. Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.
- GLYD reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the App.
- GLYD does not refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider automatically. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer’s balance as credit and are available for future purchases on GLYD. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid. User has to submit a request to get the refund back to their original form of payment.
- Deposit refunds, when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any processing fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the processing fees from that payment will be refunded along with your deposit.
GLYD enables people around the world to create, share, sell and purchase Itinerary services they need at an unbeatable value. Services offered on GLYD reflect the diversity of an expanding social travel economy. Members of the GLYD community communicate and engage through orders, social media, and on GLYD’s Community Forums.
GLYD maintains a friendly, community spirited, and professional environment. Users should keep to that spirit while participating in any activity or extensions of GLYD. This section relates to the expected conduct users should adhere to while interacting with each other on GLYD.
- To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of GLYD in order to circumvent or abuse the GLYD messaging system or GLYD platform is not permitted.
- Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.
- GLYD does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to buyers. You may use the dispute resolution tools provided to you in the order page.
- GLYD does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the GLYD platform or that are actively violating our Terms of Service.
- All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on GLYD’s platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages sent to users will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such user on the App. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Adult Services & Pornography – GLYD does not allow any exchange of adult oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behavior & Language – Communication on GLYD should be friendly, constructive, and professional. GLYD condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate orders, and to engage on larger platforms such as our Community Forum and Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam – GLYD takes the matter its members’ security seriously. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
Privacy & Identity – You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the order page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of GLYD will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
Intellectual Property Claims – GLYD will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement. Our Intellectual Property claims procedures can be reviewed.
Fraud / Unlawful Use – You may not use GLYD for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts – To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the GLYD community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to GLYD’s Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on GLYD. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts – You may not buy or sell GLYD accounts.
- GLYD reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these terms of service or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the App or services.
- Violation of GLYD’s Terms of Service may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on GLYD.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorized usage.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 45 days, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to GLYD’s approval.
- Disputes should be handled using GLYD’s dispute resolution tools (‘Resolution Center’ on the order page) or by contacting GLYD Customer Support.
- GLYD may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, GLYD will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use GLYD after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, GLYD will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
User Generated Content
User Generated Content (“UGC”) refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by the App. All content uploaded to GLYD by our users (Buyers and Sellers) is User Generated Content. GLYD does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, GLYD is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Sellers. We provide no warranty with respect to the Itineraries, their delivery, and any communications between buyers and sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate Itineraries® service offers.
By offering a service, the seller undertakes that he/she has sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide, sell or resell the service is offered on GLYD. Sellers advertising their Itinerary online must comply with laws and terms of service of the advertising platform or relevant webApp used to advertise. Failing to do so may result in removal of the Itinerary and may lead to the suspension of seller’s account.
For specific terms related to Intellectual Property rights and for reporting claims of copyright infringement (DMCA notices) or trademark infringement – please see our . which forms an integral part of these Terms of Service. Note that it is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Ownership and limitations: Unless clearly stated otherwise on the sellers Itinerary page/description, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment, the buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the itinerary delivered from the seller, and the seller waives any and all moral rights therein. The delivered work shall be considered work-for-hire under the U.S. Copyright Act. In the event the delivered work does not meet the requirements of work-for-hire or when US Copyright Act does not apply, the seller expressly agrees to assign to buyer the copyright in the delivered work. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Itinerary and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason. For removal of doubt, in custom created work (such as art work, design work, report generation etc.), the delivered work shall be the exclusive property of buyer, and seller assigns all rights, title and interest in the delivered work. Some Itineraries (including for custom created work) charge additional payments (through Itinerary Extras) for a Commercial Use License. This means that if you purchase the Itinerary for personal use, you will own all rights you require for such use, and will not need the Commercial Use License. If you intend to use it for any charge or other consideration, or for any purpose that is directly or indirectly in connection with any business, or other undertaking intended for profit, you will need to buy the Commercial Use License through a Itinerary Extra and will have broader rights that cover your business use.
Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall be kept confidential and shall not be shared or used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the ordered work to the buyer.
Furthermore, users (both buyers and sellers) agree that unless they explicitly indicate otherwise, the content users voluntarily create/upload to GLYD, including Itinerary texts, photos, videos, usernames, user photos, user videos and any other information, including the display of delivered work, may be used by GLYD for no consideration for marketing and/or other purposes.
Commercial Use License
By purchasing a “Commercial Use License” with your order, the Seller grants you a perpetual, exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the purchased delivery for Permitted Commercial Purposes. All intellectual property rights of the purchased delivery are hereby assigned to you. “Permitted Commercial Purposes” means any business related use, such as (by way of example) advertising, promotion, creating web pages, integration into product, software or other business related tools etc., and strictly excludes any illegal, immoral or defamatory purpose. This License is subject to GLYD’s Terms of Service. There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this delivery, including with respect to fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the Seller nor GLYD will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license, the delivery or your use of the delivery.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE APP, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBAPP IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE APP, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBAPP ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER GLYD NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH GLYD MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBAPP.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL GLYD, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBAPP, ANY WEBAPPS LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBAPP OR SUCH OTHER WEBAPPS OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBAPP OR SUCH OTHER WEBAPPS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.